Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's a Bird Thing

Yes...I must say I am really into birds. Look what I found yesterday. I'm not usually one to buy panels, BUT when I saw this I just about fainted. The colors are so vibrant and the effect makes these birds look so real. I have absolutely NO idea what I will decide to do with this, but I sure wasn't going to leave it behind. This is a nice sized panel and could be used as a fall wall hanging or a table centerpiece. The fabric is really nice quality which surprises me a little because believe it or not I got it at Walmart. I am usually careful when I purchase fabric from there, BUT this is good quality and weight. I'm loving this!!!! Speaking of birds, Sarah over at House of Krom has just finished the CUTEST bird swap. I have a similar pattern to hers but have not tried it yet...I aim to though. She just does the most wonderful projects. Her flair for color and design inspire me to only hope to measure up. I love her blog....you will too!!!


I also purchased a couple yards of the coordinating fabric to the bird panel. I will probable make myself a couple of pillowcases from this. One for my bird watching chair here at the house and then one for my bird watching chair at our lake house.


I think this here cottage is REALLY cute. Thanks in part to Eileen over at Eileens Attic. We did a little behind the scenes swap on some roof fabric. I told her how much I loved the vintage fabric she had used for one of her cottage roofs so she sent me some so I could also have a cute vintage roof like hers. I saved it for last, auditioning various other fabrics to go with it and this is what I came up with. Don't you just love the vintage look "Miss Hostess" lady Christmas fabric I purchased at Jane's Fabrics!!! You must go see what fabrics Jane just got in!! These Christmas cottages have been so much fun for me. Thanks Nanette from Freda's Hive.
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. Wow - amazing fabric. Usually photos don't do fabric justice - but this comes through in shining colors. I love it too - I'm very tempted to head to WM and get some - but I can't imagine what I'd use it for. I bet they have a run on it all over the country. They are cutting down on the fabrics at our local WM - too bad because some of it has been great fabric - and good prices. The Canadian ladies love to shop there - they get much better prices - so they are going to be disappointed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope my Wally World has that fabric.. I'm not into birds but I MUST have a piece of it. So gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is so beautiful. All our Walmarts don't sell fabric anymore. The cottage block is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love love the bird fabric. I have some and have made two purses out of it. I have one of them posted on my blog, http://craftydianed.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-weekend.html , in which I used the fabric with the small birds. The other bag I used the panel fabric and fussy cut out the birds and fruit. I haven't posted a photo of it on my blog. I am hoping to make a quilt out of the fabric for my bed, but have not decided how I want to do it.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cottage and the cute girl in the doorway is perfect. Beautiful fabric for a birdwatching quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could see that wall hanging made into a 3D wall hanging. I don't know how to do it, but if you could put some cotton behind those birds and puff them out...

    VOILA!!

    loverly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just don't believe this... go check out your e-mails and I hope you can open the pictures.

    Love the cottage.

    ~~Fran...:c)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have that holiday hostess fabric too...can't figure out what to do with it though. i adore that roof fabric too. aren't quilting bloggers fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I LOVE the vintage Christmas fabric in that cottage block! TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep thinking that I've seen the cutest block and have a favorite and then! ANother more cute one pops up! Seriously. This is amazing. Eileen's fabric is lovely. I can't stop looking at the block. Perfection! The hostess just makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, I actually bought the same fabric but got mine a Hancock fabrics. i agree when I seen it the colors are just amazing, I was like you had to have it. Just have decided what I'm going to do with mine though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am delighted to discover that you are a birdwatcher. :-) Really pretty fabric. I hear a lot of Walmarts are doing away with their fabric.. it's lucky you found some.

    And that cottage is ADORABLE! You could not have picked a better house for that roof, and the hostess in the doorway is perfect! I love the stuff you sent me too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I've ever seen a panel like that and like you, I don't usually buy them. But I do like the bird one. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful bird fabric! Perfect for a bird watcher. The little lady in the cottage looks real good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a beautiful panel. Small amount of piece work around it and hang it. It is to beautiful to cut up in any way. Likewise our Wal Marts are doing away with fabric also. Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That fabric is really beautiful...I also loved the bird panel and coordinating fabric. The Christmas House Block Swap was really fun, and I am waiting for the fabric for the borders,sashing and backing to finish the lap quilt I plan to make. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the lovely compliment! Please visit any time!
    Hugs,
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

**THANK YOU BUT, PLEASE DO NOT TAG * OR * AWARD * ME **