Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Getting Organized!

Every since I ran across Quiltville.com awhile back I was thrilled and got so inspired!! Keeping my sewing room and fabrics in order was a constant battle! FINALLY a system and a plan that would really work......so, I got to work! Sifting and sorting, cutting and pressing and tagging and bagging. I was sooo excited the more I dug into the piles, bags and sacks I had stashed for years. I still have a long way to go, but I am making progress. Sooooo.........from this..........

to THIS......A lot of these fabrics are the vintage stash from my grandmothers. I sorted and folded it and finally got it all in one spot and out of the trash can it was in........and so............on to



getting it sorted into all the different bags. These will get shifted into stackable stearlite drawer storage as I get more sorted through, but for now these large zip locks work pretty good. You know....I'm feeling

SO TIDY!!!!!........In 35 yrs. of sewing I have NEVER had my sewing room this neat and organized. As I began to get my yardage color sorted and on the shelf I realized that at just a glance I could see what colors and shades I didn't have. I am so proud. Yeah, and it looks good now, until I'm trying out different colors for sashing and borders.....then it's a wreck after I've pulled about half of it out trying to decide which one I like best. I tend to keep it tidy and put things back in it's place now. Thanks again Bonnie for sharing all your great ideas with us!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

**THANK YOU BUT, PLEASE DO NOT TAG * OR * AWARD * ME **