Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Finally Made A Decision

As you can see...there is an empty blank space here in the middle of my design wall. I finally made a decision to take down the class reunion quilt and just put it away for a while...meaning I guess I will keep it for myself and finish it at a later date. I SOOOOOOO appreciate all you gals ideas, suggestions and pep talks on my last post. I just CAN NOT figure out what went wrong with me on this one...I have spent the whole week trying and applying a lot of the different suggestions you all gave...sigh.....it's like my creative brain refuses to light up and make a definite decision!!!! You'll never know how much it meant to me for you all to take the time to study and ponder my quilt to help me in making the decisions to get it finished. A special BIG thank you to TERRY from Terry Treasures blog who spent extra time with her PAINT program sketching up several color variations and emailing them to me......and to you to MARY (no blog) for your ideas and Paint examples! I think I need to get me one of these programs!! So as a thank you to all of you who left a comment about my class reunion quilt on my previous post I am going to draw a name this evening and send you a little goody!! How about that???


The week was not a total loss...I received these lovely goodies from Christina from A Few Scraps blog. W-a-y back when...she featured a Pay it Forward participation. I was one of the three and I totally forgot about it. She sent a great potholder and I'm assuming she created this cute little card too. Christina included a pair of dainty danglee earrings and some vintage needles wrapped up so neat and tidy. Thank you soooo much Christina. If any of my great bloggy friends would like to participate in a Pay It Forward here with me...just let me know here on this post and I will whip you up a little something and send it to 3 of you. I'm sure most of you know the details.....you have a whole year to send out your 3 after you receive mine in the mail. It doesn't have to be anything big and major....just a nice little quilty token....so come on....sign up!!


And remember a couple of my posts back......I commented that I would KILL to own these 2 Texas quilt books.........well, there are wonderful bloggy fairies out there in blogland!! My bloggy fairy doesn't have a blog of her own but she sent me an email stating she would love to send me a pair of my most FAVORITE quilty books of all time if I wanted them...HECK YE-OW!
Thank you soooooo much Mary from California. I am sooooo glad to have my own and won't have to check them out at the library anymore. I will treasure these forever!!!

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just have to put a project away for a while to get some perspective on it. You'll finish it when the time is right! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda, I think you're very wise... sometimes when we cannot move forward, it is best to give our brains and eyes a reprieve.. Still love that quilt!!!
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're probably wise to wait on that quilt..but I THOUGHT it was perfect!!!
    You've got some super sweet friends in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, my big question now is will you even do a quilt for the reunion or is that idea gone? Doesn't really matter to me, but I am curious. I forgot to tell you how much I love the black and white stop border. That is really clever and I love it against the flying geese, too. It gives them kind of a spacial relationship. Anyway you will think of this now every time you use this quilt, when you do finish it. If I were you, I would finish it just the way you had it on the design wall. But that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my opinion (which is absolutely meaningless) putting it away is a good thing. Sometimes when you go back you see things in a whole different light. In the long run none of it matters except to you. I am sure anything you chose would work out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy howdy do I know how some quilts have to marinate a while. You'll pull this out later and a solution will be obvious. And aren't blank design walls fun? Get some new stuff up there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friend, there is NOTHING like a clean slate and a project tucked away. Good for you.

    ...and on the subject of books - yippie! I can't think of a better person to get these. Perfect, perrrfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi B!

    Just popping in to say hello to you and Goober :0)

    Hope all is well and I can't wait to see what happens to the Reunion quilt! (I would bid on it)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're probably right.. its probably best to put it away for a while.. I still think it's very cute even like it is but I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think our brains sometimes need a "nap" so they can come back full of energy for the next big thing.
    You've received some wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Belinda. I go off on holiday for 2 weeks and coming back to discover you've been struggling.

    It will be a wonderful quilt, but I think the problem is there isn't a place for the eye to rest on. Love the flying geese though (yes I did say that LOL).

    Let me get my feet on the ground (even after being home a week I'm sooo far behind) and I'll get in touch for a chat.

    Lucky you with those books. I bet you were jumping up and down and Mr B.D wondered what all the fuss was about!

    Hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely loved the quilt as it was too but when you get it out again, you may have a better idea of why it wasn't working for you. You have some lovely goodies there and you didn't even have to kill anyone. What a lovely kind gesture to get the books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agreee that sometimes the best thing to do is put a quilt top/pieces away for a bit and step away from it for a bit.

    What wonderful goodies!! And great looking books!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have moments like that too Belinda, the brain just won't function for me the way I want it to. I do hope you're able to finish the quilt and enjoy it. I personally loved the colors. Great goodies that turned up in your mail box.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool of Mary to send you the books! Wow! Great other goodies, too.

    Just anxious to see what you decide to do for the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes a break is just waht we need to get the creative juices flowing again. What a fun pay it forward package you recieved. And yeah so happy for you with the gift of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your house quilt, in MHO it looks perfect just the way it is. Love the bright palette. I know sometimes you just need to put it away and when you bring it back out you see it differently and know just what it needs. How wonderful that Mary sent you those books. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi ya lady! You will know what you want to do with that quilt.. have no fear! ;-) now what have you got cooking to replace it on the design wall?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Belinda, glad to see that you've made a decision. It's terrible to be racked with indecision. It can just kill your creativity. Someday when you pull that out, it'll tell you what it wants!

    Great goodies in the mail...what fun!

    ReplyDelete

**THANK YOU BUT, PLEASE DO NOT TAG * OR * AWARD * ME **