Thursday, September 11, 2014

In The Mean Time...

Yes, I am waiting for a fabric order to arrive with a few fabrics needed
to go with my FLAGS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
quilt.  You know, the quilt along with LORI
over at Humble Quilts I talked
about in my previous 2 posts.

IN THE MEAN TIME…..

I've been working on my blocks for the 9 patch swap BARB is hosting over at her blog
FUN WITH BARB.


She decided on 2 groups, one with bright fabrics and the other group with Civil War style fabrics.  I chose the Civil War style because it was something new and different for me.
She offered up this great little tutorial on a super easy way to 
sew up these 9 patches.  You can check out this tutorial at her blog, click on the tab at the top of her blog header.
Each group was to make 50 pair.  Oh my, that's 100 single ones.  Some brave souls joined BOTH
groups.  I thought about doing both and now I'm glad I didn't.  I calmed down that
overly ambisious urge pretty quickly!!! 

IN THE MEAN TIME….

You can have a look-see at a few of my sweet little 9 patches.


These are sooooo addictive to make!!

As I've sewn these up, I made sure to set aside a pair of each fabric style for myself.

I can't wait to see the ones I get back from the swap!  Clapping! Clapping!
I'm excited!!

IN THE MEAN TIME….

I better get back to the sewing machine and get the rest of my 9 patches sewn up so I can get them mailed out to BARB and meet the deadline of October 1….and sorry, the swap entry has closed.

P.S.  In my previous post I was worried about my eagle design fitting on the only fat quarter I had that would work ( well, in my mind anyway ).

It fit perfectly…YIPPEE!!

(As you can see, the eagle is pinned to a stack of fabrics I auditioned.  I think this is my final decision)

9 comments:

  1. I wish I had made myself a pair as I went along!It would have saved me so much time! They really are addictive!
    Your eagle is amazing, I think it is going to be fun watch this one come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your patches look really great! I still have some to do too -
    I can't wait to see quilts made with the patches.
    Your Eagle is great! can't wait to watch your progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand work amazes me. The nine patches are so sweet. I, too, am looking forward to seeing all the different ones put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb has my nine patches in her hands...yippee!! I will be so happy to have some of yours, and for you to have some of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to make a set for yourself! I always say 9 patches are the friendliest block! Glad your eagle decided to fit the quarter! Wait--aren't there already eagles on quarters? OMG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy! I love the 9 patches, very nice. And the eagle, well, that's just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love nine patches!!! A lot of my quilts get a few - or a lot - of little nine patches in them.

    And I knew you could fit that eagle in - you are super quilter!!! Perfect backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder why a simple nine patch is so charming?! Love to see yours.
    The eagle is wonderful. I hope you've gotten your fabric by now and have been appliqueing. :)

    ReplyDelete

**THANK YOU BUT, PLEASE DO NOT TAG * OR * AWARD * ME **