Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas Ya'll


Wishing all my blogging buddies a very special and wonderful

Merry Christmas!!

It's a balmy 72 degrees here in Texas, but hey, it
sure makes it easier on the hubster making the rounds and checking
on the cattle.  Yep, farmer/ranchers never get a holiday.

I had planned to serve ham, yams and that whole speeeel, but then the hubby asked could we not
have Mexican stack instead.  Sure I said....(my mind racing...ohhh noooo, nothing but the
hamburger meat in the freezer for ingredients!!)
So....I left the ham in the freezer and drove BACK to the big city for the Mexican stack
stuff and fixins.

I'm all set now!

While I wait for hubby to get back from making the rounds I'm sitting here sewing some
little hexies together.  ( A long ago overdo project )


 Easy mindless sewing for the holidays.



Merry Merry to everyone!!


10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Tell me what the Mexican stack is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! I'd love to know what Mexican stack is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly warmish and very damp/muggy here - not balmy by a long shot but NOT like the snowy Christmases from my growing up years. Mexican Stack sounds fun to me -- we grilled burgers for lunch today and they were great. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas...........we also had some sheep and cattle to feed between breaky and taking off to the inlaws for lunch.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ranchers don't have 'days off'. We had a lovely roast beef for dinner tonight, hope you pulled off the Mexican for your hubby. Heres to lots of stitching time in 2017

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! A mexican feast is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it was happy, dear Belinda! I have no idea what Mexican Stack is. We had filet mignon from the grill, a ton of sides and I made 2 cheesecakes but managed to take the 1/3 left of the second home. Hmm, maybe that will be lunch! Enjoy your pretty stitching time and don't forget to have a great New Year!♥️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Belinda! I'm glad you got a few minutes to stitch! We didn't have the ham dinner either, just cut a couple of slices and had sandwiches instead! What is Mexican Stack? sounds like it's yummy. I used to make Mexican Lasagna - made with burrito ingredients, not really lasagne.
    Hope you have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl - where you been? Just checking in. The other day Don was looking at the Mrs. BrownDirt doll and asked me, "Now why did you name your doll Mrs. DirtBag?" I thought I'd never stop laughing. But did remind him of her proper name - she was a little insulted and insisted on a cup of tea and a cookie.

    ReplyDelete

**THANK YOU BUT, PLEASE DO NOT TAG * OR * AWARD * ME **