Friday, August 14, 2015

Are We Still Friends?

I CERTAINLY HOPE WE ARE!!!

Thank you to all my followers who hung in there with me.  I've missed everybody!!  I see some followers did bale on me, as is the case when one takes a little vay-cay from blogging…..uuhm, seems I should call it
something else besides a blogging vacation for as long as I've been absent!

Well….since we're STILL FRIENDS and all…..I'll share what I've been working on.


TA DA!!!

Block size will finish at 15''.  This is the first block I finished back in March.
If you're looking closely you'll see I still have to soak out my markings and glue basting.  I just
swoon over this block whenever I look at it.

Keeping with our FRIENDS theme…..afterall, you DID say we were STILL FRIENDS, well, this fabulous eagle block belongs with 15 other equally amazing blocks along with 4 stunning borders.


FRIENDS of BALTIMORE!!

I think Sue Garman outdid herself on this design.  I looked…..studied…..admired and studied some more on this pattern for 2 years.  I wanted to do it and I wanted to DO IT!!  I drug my feet ordering it because I knew it was going to be a l-o-n-g term project….yes, l-o-n-g l-o-n-g term!  I knew I could probable master the skills to do it, but to make the commitment to know and determine I would
actually finish it took me the 2 years studying it to finally order it.
I'm soooo glad I did…..the blocks I have done are just beautiful in person. 
Yes, I have finished the SECOND block and I'm prepping
and preparing the THIRD.

So….that's what I've been up to…..and if your keep being my FRIEND 
I'll share the other blocks I'm working on with you later.

P.S.  I also finished my Flags of the American Revolution (previous post) quilt top from the Sew-Along LORI from HUMBLE QUILTS organized last year.  It's great lookin' in person too!  

24 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Batimores! Your block came out absolutely Beautiful!
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty block! That is not some easy quick quilt you are taking on. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely finish on your Eagle block...we all need to take R&R from usual things once in a while. I am in a funk as far as quilting anything.

    and so it goes--welcome back hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are awesome, that is one amazing block, way more than I would ever tackle. And you are going to do all of them? I am impressed! Glad to see you're blogging again. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding! You've been sew quiet. I knew you were neck deep into appliqué awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is going to be a wonderful quilt/ I love the block you have been working on. Beautiful, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long term- yes, it will be. That is an impressive project and your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend!!! So glad you remembered your password to the blogging world :). Missed you.
    Gorgeous block, gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That block is amazing! I'd love to see more blog posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful block - it may be a long term project but it will certainly be a worthwhile one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning!
    Good to see you back among the blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see a post from you! This is going to be an amazing quilt and your last finish is pretty great too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your eagle block is beautiful. Such good stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a GORGEOUS quilt you're going to have!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh. My. Goodness! That block is knock-your-socks-off good! Wow. I'm so impressed. I don't think I could do such an applique project. That just blows my mind that you're going to tackle that project. I know you can do it, and do it beautifully! Please post your progress! I know I'm not the only one that would like to see your blocks as you do them.

    Did I miss your post with your Flags quilt? I can't wait to see that whole enchalada!

    Glad to see you back in blog land - I've missed our little chats, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you're a crazy woman. nice to see you and yes, I still haven't gotten back to blogging yet....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow there is a lot of work in that. Going to look fabulous though. You are braver than me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow there is a lot of work in that. Going to look fabulous though. You are braver than me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another update with more photos, pretty please :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your block great work, I am also a fan of Sue Garman I have been eyeing Sarah's quilt for the longest time! I too am not very good with posting on my blog the last 2 years it has been very busy. Never bailing just following and loving when you have the time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a wonderful beautiful job on your eagle!!!!

    ReplyDelete

**THANK YOU BUT, PLEASE DO NOT TAG * OR * AWARD * ME **