Thursday, October 16, 2014

Finished Just In Time

How lucky to finish the floral baby quilt the night before baby Kate arrived?!
Yes, I was late getting it worked on, but then again,
baby Kate was late too!!

So much cuteness!
I finished this Saturday night and Kate arrive around 8 o'clock Sunday morning!

It must have her name right?!

I decided I wanted as little quilting as I could get away with.   I wanted it to drape soft soft soft as much as possible.  Stitched in the ditch around the blocks and the purple sashing with a little echo
quilting around the flower shapes.
The border has simple line stitching……perfect.

The flowers are all sewn down using the raw edge method.  These edges will fray and ruffle up
with use and hide the stitching. (i hope)

So here you go Kate.  Your little quilt all ready for you when you get home.  Your mom had a hard time in getting you here and I think maybe you will get home today.  I can't wait to give it!!!
Measures 54" x 46".
This pattern is called "French Roses" by Heather French.

Thanks sooooo much to all you gals from my previous post who commented and helped me decide on
the best border fabrics to use!!
A big thank you to Leanne from Kwilt Me Kiwi for sharing with me how she quilted this same pattern for one of her customers.  It sure helped me in my quilting decision.

While working on this we found out there is to be ANOTHER little girl 
added to OUR family.

So, there may be another one of these quilts in the future!!

12 comments:

  1. This is SOOOO cute, Belinda. And perfect timing. : )
    How long do you have to get the next one made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I want to add a name to my gd's quilt and never thought about doing raw edge like that. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Great finish ... And congrats on another girl on the way ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one sweet baby quilt, and it is ageless. It can be used for years!!
    I found myself looking and looking at your header blocks, the purple ones.
    Did you win those? Or are they yours made for the lotto?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out so great. Love it! What a happy quilt and so perfect with the name. And hey there! Congrats on the one coming, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, it is so adorable! Nice work and the quilting compliments it in such a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, Wow! This quilt is just cuteness personified! I LOVE it! Perfect choices for the border and binding, BTW. And finished in the nick of time too. I hope Kate and her Mommy and Daddy love it too.

    I'm working on one similar to this too. Flowers are similar, but cut into quarters and sewn back together - they're friendship blocks. Right now I'm cutting what feels like thousands of leaves. I'll show it on the blog soon, when there is progress to show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Belinda! I'm you newest GFC follower and added you to my blogroll....as I absolutely love this quilt and found you blog to be full of creative inspiration! I hope ya stop by and if ya like what ya see...follow back. :)

    ReplyDelete

**THANK YOU BUT, PLEASE DO NOT TAG * OR * AWARD * ME **